Thursday 16 September 2010

Progress

On the housing front its been nice to actually be getting somewhere.  I saw more houses over the weekend and a couple this week.  All of them have been so much better than (all but one of) the ones I saw last weekend. And at reasonable prices this time, hooray, I will be able to eat! Why was the quality so bad last week, its really strange.  But yeah, lots of places I'd be happy to live in and I couple I actually want to!  Now all I have to do is choose between the cosy one with a wood-burning stove and cushions and the like and a dog and a hot-tub or the bright airy one with homebrew, a cool garden, and a Wii.  Its a tough choice!



I thought towards the end of last week that the weather had turned for the better.  Its been a lot warmer during the days, reaching mid teens.  But the thing about Canberra is that, because its not coastal in anyway, there's a big diurnal temperature range, so its still absolutely freezing at night. Plus of course, weather never really turns instantly and we've had some more rain.  But it does feel as if Spring is on the way.  Blossom is out and I even had lunch outside (albeit with my coat on!).  Its now two layer weather!  I've got some good photos of weather related stuff over the last weak. It makes landscape shots more interesting!  All of these are on my commute in and out of ANU, which is a nice way to travel.  I hope I don't have a hideous commute wherever I end up.



And work has been going well too, though I'm remembering how I work, and just how rubbish I am in the afternoons at getting everything done!

I have a pidge! That little hole in my heart has been filled! And a student card (finally) and the like.  Certainly starting to be a bit more settled.  Now if only I could remember people's names!

2 comments:

  1. Ahha, 1st comment, well several comments all of which have an element of muppetness about them.

    Firstly dog beats wii any day so that is that one sorted.

    Secondly if you want to remember a name I think Chris is a good one to remember.

    Thirdly in relation to your previous blog read this.

    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/expert-predicts-55-magnitude-earthquake-could-hit-london-at-any-time-2081634.html

    Quite ironic that just after you leave London they predict a massive earthquake. I reckon it will be in the next 4 years just to spite you.

    Finally a little blog about my life.

    Designed a bridge today.

    Yours,

    ????? (although as I signed in with my gmail account it may say my name somewhere)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there is an earthquake in London you realise I will taunt you until the end of time, yes?

    ReplyDelete