Thursday 2 June 2011

The Stal is ready for its close-up

In a previous installment of "My PhD" I did some arts and crafts cutting out some black masks for some stal photography.  Well I finally have the reflected light photos back.  We also took transmitted light photos where there is a light table on underneath the stalagmite - this makes them look really cool but I'm yet to get these photos back.  We use pretty professional equipment, taking photos at lots of different exposures.  Choosing the right one and then altering contrast and brightness takes a while, especially when there are far better things to be getting on with (not that it was me who was doing the processing).  Hence the slight delay, but the results are pretty pretty!
 

They look a bit weird to me, being used to seeing them in the "flesh".  I guess the contrast is adjusted so that all the layers and features are as visible as possible.


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment